TERMS OF WEBSITE
14 Finkle Street Selby YO8 4DS – Company Number. 06812805
Personal information is any information which can identify you as a living individual, whether by itself or when used in conjunction with other information which we hold or are likely to hold. To this end, we have internal policies which relate to the protection of personal information. In addition, our staff are fully compliant on data protection.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by ticking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data (you can elect to tick/untick these options during phone conversations with staff members also). You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us firstname.lastname@example.org Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, collaborators and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites may have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
WHAT INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT AND PROCESS
Personal information is any information that relates to you and identifies you personally. We may collect and process information that you provide by filling in forms on our website: www.parkrowproperties.co.uk or by you contacting our office including personal information name, email address and telephone numbers.
INFORMATION WE MAY COLLECT FROM YOU
Your name and business and/or personal contact details (including email address, postal address, telephone numbers (mobile and fixed line) information regarding what services you require from us products and/or services.
information regarding your experiences with our products and/or services;
your direct marketing contact preferences and consents (please refer to the section “Direct Marketing” below for more information);
WHAT IS SENSITIVE DATA
This is a more sensitive category of personal information which relates to (e.g.) a person’s race, sexual life, criminal allegations or offences, trade union membership or their mental or physical health.
We do not actively collect sensitive personal data from our customers. However, it would be relevant to the extent that you choose to send this type of information to us, for example if you submit a query to us through the “Customer Area” of this website which refers to the particular requirements you have for a residential property, based on the condition of your health or any disability.
We make sure that sensitive personal data is subject to additional controls. We would use it only in order to deliver our services to you, to meet your requirements or to deal with any requests made by you. We would only disclose it to any of the third parties referred to in the section “Who do we share your personal information with?” in the event that they need to know it (eg if a third party service provider is making adjustments to a property in accordance with the information you have provided to us) and subject to appropriate confidentiality obligations (as may be appropriate).
HOW WE USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
The legitimate purposes for which we use your personal information may include use for the following purposes:
1. When you enquire or register for products and services provided by Park Row Properties (Yorkshire) ltd, you will provide us with certain personal information. This information may be provided online through our websites, by telephone, by electronic communications or via direct contact with our employees. This information will be stored on our computer systems and in our manual records.
2. The information that you provide will allow us to process your registration, confirm your identity and communicate with you to provide relevant products and services to suit your needs. The relevant information is then used by us, our agents and sub-contractors to communicate with you on any matter relating to your relationship with Park Row Properties (Yorkshire) ltd in general. Your information may also be transferred or forwarded to other members of Park Row Properties (Yorkshire) lts or its group for administration, marketing or information gathering and similar purposes.
3. In order to comply with Money Laundering Regulations 2017, we will request personal data and documents from vendors and purchasers to confirm identity and address and, in the case of a purchase, will request evidence of funding and the source of any funds being used.
4. Some of the services provided by Park Row Properties (Yorkshire) ltd may be supplied by third parties and therefore we will pass on to the relevant party the information it requires in order to fulfil your needs. In accordance with the Act, we will impose restrictions and standards in our written contracts with service providers to ensure they keep your personal information secure and use it only for the purposes for which it was provided to them.
5.To carry out internal record keeping and audits;
6. To administer this website and our contract or other relationship with you, including in order to provide our products and/or services to you (for example, to put you in touch with estate agents and other appropriate third parties (meaning any other person or organisation) in accordance with your instructions);
7. To obtain payments from you for our products/or third party products (such as an EPC) and/or services (this is why we may collect credit/debit card details and bank account details);
8. To analyse the way in which you use this website with a view to improving the products and/or services we offer and our marketing and advertising activities and for market research purposes related to improving the same including online surveys (we may contact you ourselves for this purpose or ask third parties to do so on our behalf – please refer to the section “Who do we share this information with?” below);
9. To analyse patterns and trends of use and the uptake of our products and/or services;
10.To process job applications which you submit to us through this website;
11. To send you direct marketing information about the products and/or services of Park Row Properties, its parent company and of companies carefully selected by Park Row Properties (but only when you provide the appropriate consents to permit this – please refer to the section “Direct Marketing” below); and
12. To comply with our legal, regulatory and other good governance obligations.
This list is not exhaustive and it may be updated in the future. It is a fair reflection of some of the current purposes for which we may use the personal information about you which we collect through this website (and which is provided to us by other means).
WHO WE SHARE YOUR INFORMATION WITH
Except as otherwise set out in this section, we will not transfer, disclose, sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are permitted or required to do so by law or legal process.
We engage third-party service providers to perform a variety of business operations on our behalf. In so doing, we may share your personal information with them. We provide our service providers with only the personal information they need in order to perform the services we request, and we contractually require that they protect this information appropriately and not use it for any other purpose.
• Fulfil your service requests and answer your questions.
• Host our sites and deliver our email or other communications.
• Analyse our data, sometimes combined with data from other sources, to send you communications.
• Conduct research and analyse data to improve our products, services and sites.
• Perform other services that we request.
Where permitted by law, we combine personal information about you that Park Row Properties has collected with personal information about you that a business partner has collected so we can jointly send tailored promotional communications to you. In such instances, our business partner will not be permitted to use Park Row Properties data or the combined data for its own, independent marketing purposes. Our service provider will only be allowed to use the combined set of information to send you joint communications that we hope will be of interest to you. If you prefer not to receive these joint communications, you can always opt out by following the instructions provided in any such communication or through this Privacy Statement as indicated above.
Examples of third party companies are as follows:
1. EPC companies (energy performance certificates)
2. Mortgage providers/mortgage advisers
5. Damp companies/electricians/roofers/structural engineers etc.
6. Number 1 Letting
7. I.T. companies (hosts of our internal software)
8. Estate agents in Spain or Tenerife (if you request us to do so).
The above are merely examples and the list is certainly not exhaustive. We will seek your permission in all cases PRIOR to passing on your details.
OTHER SITUATIONS WHEN WE MAY SHARE INFORMATION
We may transfer or otherwise process your personal information:
• As part of the sale of a Park Row Properties brand to another company.
• When we have received your instruction to pass the sale of your property to another agent
• To protect, defend or exercise the rights and property of Park Row Properties (including enforcing our Terms and Conditions).
• When required by law and/or government authorities.
INTERNATIONAL TRANSFER OF DATA
We may share your personal information with our service providers and this may involve transferring it to countries outside Europe whose data protection laws may not be as extensive as those which apply to us. At this time we do not envisage any such transfers but if we do transfer your personal information to a country outside Europe, we will ensure that we do this in accordance with the Act (for example, by putting in place an appropriate data transfer agreement). We will do this with a view to ensuring that the level of protection which applies to your personal information processed in these countries is similar to that which applies within Europe.
What if you are using this website from outside the UK?
What about anonymised information?
HOW WE PROTECT YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, damage or loss to/of (as appropriate) your personal information, we implement suitable physical and electronic, organisational and technical security measures in accordance with our obligations under the Act. This may include encryption (for example, credit/debit card details are encrypted on the Park Row Properties IT system).
Despite our efforts regarding security it is important to bear in mind that the internet is not a secure means of communication. Personal information communicated through the internet may be intercepted by other people. We cannot guarantee the security of personal information sent to us through this website. You accept that you use this website at your own risk.
INFORMATION ABOUT CHILDREN
This website is not intended for use by minors under the age of 13. Minors under the age of 13 should not submit any personal information to us through this website. Parents and guardians should remind their children to handle their personal information securely and responsibly on the internet.
COOKIES AND WEB BEACONS
We may use “cookies” on our website. Cookies are data files which store information on your hard drive or browser that means that our website can recognise that you have visited our website before. They make it easier for you to maintain your preferences on this website, and by seeing how you use the website, we can tailor it to your preferences and measure your use of it.
You can, should you choose, disable the cookies from your browser and delete all cookies currently stored on your computer. On Microsoft Internet Explorer, this can be done by selecting ‘Tools/Internet Options’ and reviewing your privacy settings or selecting ‘delete cookies’. You can find out how to do this for your particular browser by clicking ‘help’ on your browser’s menu or by visiting http://www.allaboutcookies.org/manage-cookies/index.html. However, many of our website features will not function if you disable cookies.
We may also use electronic images known as “web beacons” on this website and in communications generated from using and/or registering on this website, such as promotional emails. Web-beacons usually work in conjunction with cookies and they are used for similar purposes.
ACCURACY OF DATA AND PROCESSING OF DATA
Updating and obtaining access to or copies of your personal information:
If any of your personal information which we hold becomes out of date or inaccurate, please let us know by contacting us by email or by post using the contact details in the section “How to contact us” below. You would need to put your request in writing. We will amend your personal information if we believe it contains factual errors or is out of date.
The act give you the right to access information held about you. Your right to access can exercised in accordance with the Act. In some circumstances we may provide access not copies. We may charge of £10.00 in order to cover some of our administration costs in responding to your request. We are permitted to do this under the Act.
Direct marketing and third party “fair processing notices” and consents
Park Row Properties, our parent company and third party companies carefully selected by Park Row Properties because they offer products and/or services which we believe may be of interest to you, may wish to contact you by post, telephone, fax, email, SMS and other electronic methods of marketing which may become relevant in the future in order to provide you with marketing information about the products and/or services and/or special offers of Park Row Properties estate agents, our parent company and our carefully selected companies.
To this end, we may collect personal information from you for direct marketing purposes through this website or by other means such as through paper forms issued to you, email exchanges with you, meetings with you and telephone conversations with you.
We will make it clear on the relevant pages of this website if personal information which we collect may be used for direct marketing purposes. We will do the same should we collect your personal information by other means for this purpose. At the same time we will seek your consent to receive direct marketing or we will permit you to opt-out of receiving this (depending on what is required under applicable laws).
We will ensure that any direct marketing sent by electronic means would provide you with a simple way to refuse further electronic marketing. For example, SMS messages may tell you to text ‘STOP’ to a telephone number and emails may tell you to send a request to an email address to stop further emails. Should you refuse further electronic marketing, as soon reasonably possible it would be noted that you had changed your mind. This means that your personal information (including your contact details) may still be held in a repressed form but only to ensure that we maintain a record telling us not to contact you for the same direct marketing purposes.
If at any other time you wish to change your mind about receiving direct marketing from us please contact us by email or post using the details in the section “How to contact us” below.
In addition, third parties such as estate agents, letting agents, lenders, banks, residential developers, companies operating other websites and receivers acting for banks and lenders may collect personal information from you for direct marketing purposes. We may obtain your personal information from those third parties with the intention of using it to send you direct marketing about our products and/or services (or those of our parent company). We take steps to ensure that we do this only when you provide the appropriate consents to those third parties to permit this.
RETENTION OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
In accordance with the Act we will ensure your personal information is not kept longer than necessary for the relevant purpose(s) by us or by any third parties which process it on our behalf. Where personal information which we hold is known to be unreliable, irrelevant or excessive, we will securely delete it as soon as possible. The data will be stored on our internal server which is password protected.
We will keep your personal information thereafter only for as long as is necessary in case of any legal challenges or other problems. After that period your personal information will be suppressed in or deleted from our database(s).
How to contact us
Should you have any queries or wish to be removed from our system in respect of this statement or our use of personal data, please contact Park Row Properties by email (email@example.com). We will remove/alter your data within 2 working days of your request (unless we have a legal necessity to retain the data).
If you feel that there is a ‘data breach’ please let us know the details of the breach and contact us by email (firstname.lastname@example.org) and we will respond within 48 hours.